Cell Separation Perfusion System (Patent Pending)
The Cell Separation Continuous Perfusion System is a stationary filter element with a rotating magnetically driven agitator... think inside-out spin filter... that can be used for perfusion media exchange and potentially other applications. Cell culture is pumped from the bioreactor through the Perfusion System and is returned to the reactor, while a permeate stream is pulled off through the filter. The system is completely configurable in terms of filter media, agitator speed, diptube and sample port locations and would be supplied closed and irradiated.
Sizes NOW are 1L & 2L… more sizes planned.
Materials of Construction
- Silicone and/or EPDM and/or Viton (0-ring)
- Micron available sizes: 0.04 µm – 200.0 µm (dependent on media)
- Materials of Construction:
- Media Options: PE, PP, Nylon, PES, and Polyester
- Shell, Cage, Core, End Cps: Polypropylene
- Sealing Thermally Bonded
- Effective Filtration Area:
- 260 cm’ for single layer membrane, 230 cm’ for double layer membrane, 200 cm’ for screen media
- Other options available for configurations/dimensions
Ports and fittings: Optional Customized Placement:
- PC or PP dip tubes for filling, sampling and removing product
- Top fitting options: hose barbs, Min i or 1-1/2″TC, luer fittings, Quick Connect, threaded, etc.
- Halkey-Roberts or equivalent manufacture of swabable valves for sampling
- Number of ports or dip tubes can be customized
Other Important Features:
- Cell Separation Systems available Gamma Irradiated to Sterility Assurance Level 10–6
- Materials meet UPS Class VI Requirements